Friday, March 14, 2008

Pranking Paralytics: Time Constraints


I have always been anxious about time: getting there on time, having enough time, not wasting time. Case in point: I loved Zelda as a child. But when they came out with the Mask of Majora, I flipping peed my pants. It’s completely time-based! It is possible to run out of it – waste it – not have enough of it (of course you won’t know until you’re twenty pages into a cheat book that you had to buy because you can’t the handle the pressure! And you’re not even in high school yet!)

Enough of that.

Yes – I do feel the pressure to do quick pranks because I’m worried Tyler Jimmy is going to walk in on them (which I did to him anyways, so half the pressure is gone.) But! If you’re like me, here’re a few things you can do.
  • One is to communicate your schedules (“I will be out of the room every Tuesday from 10:30am to 4:15pm.”) It’s gross, and can lead to pranking that is so overly scheduled it kills the spontaneity. Ten cuidado, prankitantes.
  • Secondly, use helpers. I remember a prank where I was especially worried about time. I wanted to put fliers under all of Tyler Jimmy’s floormates’ doors asking them to help him move his stuff out in exchange for pizza. If I got caught, clearly, the ruse would be up! So I got some underclassmen to help me out. And it was great bonding!
  • Third, ignore your overly conditioned sense of urgency!! You are not going to miss the school bus! Class will not begin without you! Do the prank – and if they show up while you’re working, you’ll have had more finished than if you cut out before really developing the piece!

No comments: